Meet C.H.I.P. – the super small computer!

If you thought the Raspberry Pi 2 was a small and cheap computer, think again! C.H.I.P. is an even smaller microcomputer that costs only 9 Dollars!
C.H.I.P. can be used in a variety of different ways. Connect all the necessary parts – a keyboard, mouse and a display – and it becomes an actual personal computer. It’s got it all, a 1GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, and 4GB of internal flash storage, which is just enough to run apps and browse the web.

It’s got a full-sized USB port, a Micro USB port, an audio jack with a microphone that doubles as a way to output video via a composite cable. Plus C.H.I.P. also has a built in WiFi to make network connections and Bluetooth to connect cordless peripherals. And you can get all of this for less than a USB keyboard.

C.H.I.P. can run a full Linux desktop and it comes with a Debian-based OS and has access to a sizeable chunk of Linux apps. It is extremely small (2.3 inches by 1.5 inches) but, it can do anything that a normal computer does.

Out of the box, C.H.I.P. can connect over composite video, so you can use an old TV screen or any tiny screen that you have. If you really want to hook C.H.I.P. up to an HDTV or a modern computer display, you can buy a separate HDMI or a VGA adapter that snaps onto the computer, Lego-style!

If you want to turn your C.H.I.P. into a handheld PC, there’s a great accessory called Pocket C.H.I.P. You simply snap C.H.I.P. in the 4.3 inch touchscreen and you have a QWERTY keyboard and a battery that lasts up to five hours.

Watch the video here, to learn more about the unique, low cost C.H.I.P. computer that is currently over on Kickstarter.

“C.H.I.P. is a computer for students, teachers, grandparents, children, artists, makers, hackers, and inventors. Everyone really. C.H.I.P. is a great way to add a computer to your life and the perfect way to power your computer based projects.”




Contact The Computer Guyz in Cape Town or Centurion for all your IT related services. We can provide you with a wide range of services from IT support and repairs to website hosting and graphic design.



Written By: Christine Romans
CopyWriter at The Computer Guyz Cape Town

Comments

Popular Posts