5 of the most important things every Graphic Designer needs to know!


As a designer, the worst mistake you can make is to do changes right in front of a client. You might be thinking “cool – this will save me time”, BUT you’ll end up convincing the client that the design process is a lot easier than it actually it…

Image result for graphic design computer

Here are 5 important things every designer should know:

1 – Never make changes to the project while the client is there…
“I love the design, but can you make it look a bit more fun and POP more?”

2 – Always charge a price that is fair, not too low or you’ll be selling yourself short.
“I’ve been a client for years so I obviously get a discount, right?”

3 – Do not set impossible deadlines, because the client will be constantly bothering you.
“I know I only gave the project to you yesterday, but I just came by to see if my website is finished.”

4 – If your client wants a design that is good, nice and cheap, use this rule:
If it’s good and nice, it can’t be cheap. If it’s nice and cheap, it can’t be good. If it’s good and cheap it can’t be nice.

5 – Always remember to ask for the payment or at least 50% before you start – NEVER hand over your work until payment has been made.
“Is it okay if I pay this next month?”

Remember that the client isn’t always right!

At The Computer Guyz, our graphic designers conceptualise and design anything from corporate identities, websites and logos to brochures and business card design. Contact TCG today on 021 110 0422 or email contact@tcgcape.co.za

Comments

Popular Posts