8 Things you Should NEVER Say to a Copywriter

Copywriting is seen as a decent, honourable job (most of the time), but sometimes something is said that makes a copywriter want to pull their hair out.

Image result for copywriter

These comments usually come from a client or a work colleague and they tend to wreak havoc with a copywriter’s sanity!

These are the comments that should never ever pass your lips if you are speaking to a copywriter...

     1.       We want you to write us an article / blog, but we don’t have any idea of what it should be about or why we want it. Can’t you just make something up?

     2.       I need a 1000 word article, content for an advert and 20 blog posts by the end of today.

     3.       What you wrote is too short / long. Yes I know I didn’t tell you how long it should be BEFORE you started writing.

     4.       Can’t you write something exactly like this, but just reword it?

     5.       I heard the more keywords you have crammed into your content, the better! Can you just throw in some more, like 16 or so?

     6.       I don’t like what you wrote, I don’t know why though. Please rewrite it in a different way.

     7.       I really like what you’ve done, but I need to get opinions from my family, friends and some other random people first.

     8.       Sorry, I didn’t get the invoice. Is it okay if we pay you next month?

Yes, copywriting is a fun job, but there is always that one client who will drive you up the wall.

If you’re a copywriter, tell us about your experiences with difficult clients.


At The Computer Guyz, we believe that compelling, well-structured and targeted copywriting assists companies in attracting the right readers and the right market. Contact TCG today for a variety of copywriting services, including SEO.

Comments

Popular Posts