Designers should always Say NO to these requests!

It’s great when a designer wants to go the extra mile for a customer, however some requests are unacceptable. It is okay to say no sometimes!

Here are 9 unreasonable requests that designers hear way too often...

Related image

     1.       Can you do something similar to their design?
NO! If you like their style, hire them, because I’m not going to copy their work.

     2.       I made this design in Word, can you start from here?
NO! If you can design something in Word, then clearly you have some talent. Finish it yourself.

     3.       Is it possible for you to design this for free?
NO! I have bills to pay just like everyone else.

     4.       I’ve suddenly changed my mind, is it possible to re-do the whole design?
NO! That’s not possible unless you’re going to pay me double.

     5.       We have no content whatsoever; can’t you just design it without any content?
NO! I can’t see into the future, so how can I design something if I don’t know how much content there will be.

     6.       My mother gave her opinion and she wants to add more cat images to the design.
NO! What do cats have to do with your new Italian restaurant?

     7.       Can you lower your prices?
NO! I still have to pay bills, remember?

     8.       Why don’t you just take the logo from our website?
NO! It’s not possible to create a billboard ad with an image that is less than 200x.

     9.       Can you have the design finished by the end of the day?
NO! I’m not some kind of miracle worker and I have other clients.


At The Computer Guyz, we work closely with our clients to bring their concepts to life through visuals, graphics and colour. We provide clients with - website layouts, business card designs and even company logos. Contact TCG today!

Comments

Popular Posts